The Men In My Life: Vidya Balan

    The Men In My Life: Vidya Balan

    Vidya Balan has been most influenced by five men in her life: Amitabh Bachchan, Mani Ratnam, Vishal Bhardwaj, Naseeruddin Shah and R Balki. She credits them for shaping her up as an actor.


    Amitabh Bachchan: I have learnt from him the passion that one should have for work. He has greatly inspired me. If anyone can take things for granted in the industry, it is certainly him as he has been there and done that. I have seen him having a child-like excitement about work every single day. This is the reason why he has lasted for so many years. His greatness is coupled with a certain humility that sets him apart.

    Naseeruddin Shah: He has led his life on his own terms and that reflects in his work. He is the best example of how talent prevails beyond anything else. I have learnt how as an actor one doesn't need to follow conventions. He is awe-inspiring and I can hope to toe his line.

    Mani Ratnam: From him, I have learnt how to maintain focus on work when you embark on a project. He is ` person who can live on an island all by himself. He is self-sufficient and doesn't look like he is paying attention to anything yet he manages to portray human relationships beautifully. He is the best to bring a man-woman relationship alive on screen.

    Balki: He spells conviction all the way and it rubs off on other people. When you listen to him or see him go about doing his work, you will be confident about the product that he is creating.

    Vishal Bhardwaj:If there was something called the Indian root that would be Vishal Bhardwaj. He is one man whose film if I had not worked in, my career would have been incomplete.

Blog Archive